Saturday, April 11, 2015

Down Memory Lane...





















From Left to Right - Mammai, Arunan, Vignesh, Senthil

One picture speaks a thousand words. As I was flicking through Flickr, I stumbled upon this old picture shot in 2007. This picture captures my entire childhood and schooldays in one frame. Arun(my own brother) , Senthil and Vicky (cousins) lived and studied from my mammai's(grandmother) house in Madurai. Everyday we were spoilt with delicious meals three times a day. Evenings after school meant corridor cricket and broken tubelights which made thatha (grandfather) mad. Wednesdays meant meeting my Abedha chithi and Prathapan chithappa (senthil's parents) who took us out for dinner - usually Vasantham or Amsavalli. Sundays meant meeting my amma and appa and visiting Ayyamma's place. Summer holidays meant meeting my other cousins Pushparajan and Anusha who were based in Thoothukudi. So many beautiful memories...

As life goes on, my mammai and thatha have passed away (RIP .. they live forever in our hearts). My brother and cousins have settled in different parts of the world. What we shared was an amazing childhood for which we were incredibly lucky..

3 comments:

pulsar said...

Thanks for the post. It rekindled my memories too!

R.RAVI said...


thambi, today met abed chithi.taiked about mammai.how she used to gift a sari for her birthday.abed even remembered the colour of the saris.fond memories of our childhood too.

Vikki said...

Bro, she lives forever in our hearts . . . miss her presence a lot and miss her food a lot too.